Menu Home

One out, one in

I guess I got a little reckless while washing my favorite paring knife. I didn’t realize I’d sliced the edge of this dishcloth until it had already unraveled back pretty severely in both directions. I’d gotten more than a year out of it, so I can’t be too sorry. A […]

Slowed progress, and a new start

I’ve come to an unexpected stop (again) on my cardigan. I lined up the sleeves and discovered that they are different in width. See? The thing is, I can’t figure out why they aren’t equal. Although I threatened to, I never did switch to a different size hook. I’ve counted […]

Stitching along…

After finishing off my cabled hat last week, I decided I should resist the urge to begin another something new and put some work into an old UFO instead. This cardigan has been “in progress” for more than 3 years. It was far overdue for some love. By the end […]

Three finishes

First and foremost: My wool hat is done! It was a ridiculously long finish for such a small project. It took me a few false starts before I really got rolling steadily, then last week, when I got to the top shaping, I discovered another trouble. The circular needle the […]

Two snail’s pace knits

It’s not that I haven’t been crafting these past weeks. It’s that I haven’t managed to get into my blogs with any sort of consistency. But after weeks of slowly easing into the newness of it all, I finally have up and running both my new computer (believe it or […]

Something awesome happened…

..earlier this week. I walked my kids to the front door of the school building and hung around for minute until they were inside, far enough down the hall that I knew they’d keep going and actually make it to their own classes. (They’ve been known to daydream and wander, […]

Loose ends

I’ve missed my little craft blog world these past (yikes) six weeks. I’m glad to be here today! Last time I posted, I had a lot of loose ends lying around. I’m happy to share that a bunch of those danglers are now tied up! Those gloves I was knitting […]

So many things

Remember last week’s newly resuscitated interest in my long-languishing scrap granny square project? Here’s where I am now. I have 40 squares. They’re happy, pretty squares, too. And when I line them all up and figure in a little extra for joining and a border, it seems to be plenty. […]

Little baby squares

Here’s a long-term project I unearthed a couple nights ago: a scrap granny square baby blanket. When I started it, I’d figured it’d be a here-and-there kind of thing, but I really didn’t anticipate having let it be a UFO for several full years now. I added a couple new […]

It’s finished! (mostly)

I’d thought my weekend plans would include some stitching on several different projects, but as it turned out, I got on a roll with just one and…ta-da! Now obviously these are not final photos. I still have ends to weave in, and this beast still needs a good hard blocking […]

Animated Social Media Icons Powered by Acurax Wordpress Development Company
Visit Us On PinterestVisit Us On TwitterCheck Our Feed